Saturday, March 16, 2013

So I put my Faith in something unknown....

Well so we continue with my Sunday night....
I came back to my apartment and went to lunch with Desi and Travis!  It was a quiet lunch and I feel as if it was that way because we all knew what was coming.  After we went back and Desi (bless her heart) helped me fold all my clothes I had washed.  Then Travis and Desi both (blessing hearts again) helped me carry my stuff to my car and jam pack that thing!  So since I am not technically fully moving until my apartment is done I took one tub of misc things and all the rest was clothes.
After some tears and two really good hugs, and a prayer I started on my way....
I waved good bye to Desi and Travis on my way out and they stood like proud parents in the parking lot waving back! As corny as this sounds it was heartwarming and much appreciated.

Meet BEAKER
 He kept me company the whole way to Dickinson.....SUCH A GOOD LISTENER
I mean I talked, sang, cried, laughed, and discovered new things the whole way to Dickinson with Beaker!
I know you all are like well Nicky, like seriously what did you and Beaker do.....Well since I knew that would be a question, I took a few pictures to show our adventure out west.....
Here's Beaker all buckled up and ready to move!
 Beaker sun bathing in the first couple miles out of town..... 

 Beaker was starving and INSISTED that we stop at Arby's in Jamestown....I said no but how could you say no to that soft leafy face?!
After telling Beaker about all the UFO stories during supper we search for UFO's around Tappen.....REPORT: None in site
 Beaker wanted a picture with the New Salem cow....we didn't have the time to drive to it so I told him this would do for now....maybe some other day
And finally here is the sunset we drove into....it was BEAUTIFUL with the hills and such! You know those things we don't have in the Fargo flat land

After our arrival in Dickinson I finally met the Franzen's!  Long awaited and anticipated!  Seriously if I could have picked out a family to live with I couldn't have picked a better one! You know they say your children are usually a reflection of their parents....this is so true for the Franzen's.  I couldn't have met a nicer family!!! All I can say is Thank you Marie!!
I basically have the basement to myself and I go upstairs to say hi and talk every once and a while.  So home life is kind of boring I am not going to lie.  I go to work and head to the gym, home, eat, and watch some tv if  I can find something.  This is going to be the hard part to adjust to in this journey.  I have always been so busy and had things to do so now when things slow down like they are it is just so different. But definitely a good different. 

Here are some quotes I came across or had sent to me, they describe what is happening right about now



I can tell you with everyday and every step I am taking, that this is definitely the right move for me! There are signs all around and I am embracing it to the fullest!  I cannot wait to see what God has in store for me!
The song I have chosen for this blog is a song that came on one day when I was reflecting on whether to take this opportunity or not and a line in the song made me really think....this is it!
"So I put my faith in something unknown, I'm living on such sweet nothing, But I'm trying to hope with nothing to hold, I'm living on such sweet nothing, and it's hard to learn, and it's hard to love"
So Much Love,
Nicky 



2 comments:

  1. This was by far my favorite blog! I laughed out loud with the pictures of Beaker! Glad he is keeping you company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love Beaker! I miss you so much! Keep finding those Godwinks! ;) FaceTime chat soon? ;)

    ReplyDelete