Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Send Off....

This is a sappy blog....I probably won't write to many of these but it is so necessary in this situation! Here was my week last week...

Monday 3/4
My amazing co-worker Chelsie decided to throw me a going away party at CCRI!  I was thinking a few people would show up and say good bye but I never thought that all of my co-workers would show up!  This specific week of my life, I have never felt so much support and so much love EVER!  It is so amazing to see so many people on your side and rooting for you!  The party consisted of pizza, soda, chips, and a bunch of amazing people!  Thanks to Jason and Becky for bringing clients over to enjoy and say goodbye!

I gave my gift of the stuffed snake to my good friend Jake!  (the snake mentioned in the last post).  If anyone knows anything about my relationship with Jake he always talked about cats, spiders, and most of snakes!  And he always harasses teased me about putting them in my bed so the gift was so fitting! As you can tell he LOVED the gift!
So not only did Chelsie throw an amazing party she also managed to get Trevor Bear back in the house!  "REUNITED AND IT FEELS SO GOOD!"
Of course it wouldn't be a visit unless Jake teases Trevor, steals his jacket, and then asks if Trevor rode his motorcycle over to the house....it was like 1 degree outside!
One of the hardest things in this journey was telling the guardians goodbye!  I struggled writing emails explaining the decision I had made for myself.  This house and CCRI has been such a huge part of my life for so long there just was no easy way of saying goodbye!  I have not only enjoyed every minute of my time with the boys. I also adore and admire the parents dedication and love for their sons!  No one can do it like they can!!! <3
This next picture is of my wonderful friends Eric and his mother Kathy!  This gift was given to me from the Offerdahl family!  I read the card and was already crying but when I opened this gift there was not holding back....FLOOD
It was totally unexpected and 150% appreciated and loved!  This will be going to work with me and be on my desk so I can remember them always when I am not near.
 The top of the frame "Nicky, you touched our hearts and we want to wish you all life's blessings"
Bottom: "Love, The Offerdahl Family"
This night was more than I could have ever thought it would have been!  My co-workers there and the ones who texted or called it was appreciated more than any of you could know!  I will miss working with each and everyone of you!  You are all amazing in your own way and contribute so much to their lives.  You have no idea the impact just knowing someone for a short time can be!  Keep inspiring them to be better each and everyday, push them when they need it, praise them always, and never forget to unconditionally LOVE!!

Wednesday 3/6
Now for the friends going away party!  Desi and Peter threw a big bash at the Gastropub in Fargo.  This was more than I could have imagined as well!  Like the CCRI party it was an overwhelming response with all the people!  The love and support was defiantly there!  I never expected the outcome nor the amount of time people stayed!  I again apologize if you didn't get to talk to me as much as I would have liked to; however with that many people it was just impossible for me to get good one on one time with everyone.  
I was floored when my friends Clint and Emily showed up from Fergus Falls!  Just such great friends....I honestly cannot thank them enough for everything!  Love you two more than I can ever express! My Aunt Susan, Tara, Sam, Anakin....Family....like you always say "blood is all you got"  LOTS OF LOVE!
Then I couldn't believe that my client that used to live in the CCRI home his Dad and sister showed up!  The hugs were long over due!  Such great people and couldn't have been any happier to see them!  Everyone that showed up from PHCC....love you guys so much!  You all rock!  My amazing friends who came out on a Wednesday night to celebrate...FLOORED!  Like who are you.....the best friends in the world that's what!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!  Desi and Peter you never seize to amaze me!  Throwing parties like you do...amazing!  I am forever grateful to you for all that you both did!
I left Wednesday went home and bawled.....speechless....blessed....and most of all loved!  Each and everyone of you that came to see me, took the time to pick out a beautiful gift, texted, called, wrote on the blog, facebooked, etc....THANKYOU from the bottom of my heart!  It all means so much and I cannot and will not be able to ever repay any of you the way you have given so generously.  I am so blessed to have each and everyone of you in my life and cannot say that enough!

Me talking to Chelsie and Haley                                  The delicious cake and I (Thanks Desi and                               Thanks to peter for the matching plates and silverware!)
COUSINS!!! MY BEAUTIFUL COUSINS AND SISTER! <3

Thursday 3/7
Life Group.....O what can I say life group!  What an amazing bunch of inspirational women!!  Thursdays were so much better because you were all in it.  Thankyou for all the prayers for me and my sister!  Please continue to take care of her for me!!  You all have such big hearts...I am so blessed to have known all of you even if it was just for a few weeks!  Keep up the great progress and you all will make miles of progress because you are all beautiful, dedicated, amazing women!! LOVE YOU ALL!

Our weekly (kinda) Wing night!!  We started this because wings were cheap at the OB Sports Zone on Thursdays and a few of us never really had a social life so this was a chance for us to get out and do something together.  This was one of the last ones I probably will be able to attend, for a while anyway :( Thank you to Chelsie, Marie, Aaron, Samantha, Kara, Jason, and Trevor for coming out and celebrating! I am so glad that I can leave and call you all my friends!  You all have taught me things and have made me who I am today!  The people you work with now and in the future are going to be so lucky to have influences like you in their lives!  You all do an amazing job and it doesn't go unnoticed!  Cannot wait to meet back up with you this summer!  

Friday-Sunday
I finished my weekend out at my dads.  My original plans changed and since I was moving into a temporary house I figured I could spend the weekend with my pops!  It was a good weekend....I bought steaks for John and my Dad for supper on Friday since I won't see my dad on his birthday.  They enjoyed them!  My dad thought they were too big but I told him I don't eat steak and the guy at the shop picked them out....I kind of got the feeling that I got scammed just like a girl at a car dealership!  But OOO well they enjoyed them a whole lot and that is what matters!  I left Sunday saying goodbye to my sister.... uncontrollably bawled cried the whole way to Fargo to say goodbye to my Dad, John, and Kylie....followed by more tears.  What a tough day!!! 
I will blog about the rest of my adventures in another blog including the rest of my Sunday night.

Thankyou again to everyone for the conintued love and support!
With that here is my farewell song.....until we meet again

So much love
Nicky




2 comments:

  1. I am so sad that I missed it (Lots to do with buying the house O.o), it is a hard decision to leave the boys but at least I have the luck of being in town. We will all miss you and you better visit! (Or like I said to Tabby, we can always road trip to see you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song. I am so happy for you and love reading about the closing of this chapter and the re-writing of your next chapter. I wish I could have made it back to see you! Much love and here's to tons of success in your new chapter!

    ReplyDelete