Thursday, April 4, 2013

For Real Poppin Tags!



Week 3!
How I have been so busy....well not really because I don't know what I am doing still so I have some time on my hands.  And honestly I will totally regret saying that, because after the end of this month I will know a whole lot more and be required to do a whole lot more!  As of now, let me ride this relaxed train! So here is some of what I was doing on what I am sure was my lunch break! ;)
Mardee and I send messages to each other throughout the day to keep in touch.  So this was our convo right before Easter weekend.  Mardee in the pictures and in the conversation is the one on the left side, I am the right side.




 Then off for some house visits......Driving around like I know where I am going.  Then I get in spots where my phone and GPS don't work.....UGH is all I can say because then I sit there like a weirdo on the side of the road waiting for it to work.  I almost pulled a Kathy Mita (my mom), by asking strangers what direction the School was.....However thank the man above, my GPS started working!  Afterward I headed to another little town but did not pay attention to my GPS (because I was talking to Mardee on the phone) and drove the wrong direction.  I drove past these cute little things and then due to going in the wrong direction got to drive by them a second time and stopped to take a picture!  So adorable!
1st drive by
Second Drive by! Huge difference!
So I finished out my week strong! Finished what I had to and hit the road home for that awesome holiday Easter!! Here I am singing in the car....it was to Christina Aguilera and of course as any girl would need was their back up! So what do I do....text my back up (of course while pulled over on the side of the road) and ask for assistance!


What I sent to my backup singer

What he sent back "I'm helping in spirit"
As the road trip and concert continued I eventually hit the town of Tappen.  Then the fog started. Of course naturally I was like "ALIEN INVASION!!! GET YOUR TIN FOIL HATS ON!"  That may have been an over exaggeration but let's be honest, every time I pass this place that is all I think about and then get the creeps!! And Beaker couldn't come with me so I was all ALONE if something happened!
TAPPEN + FOG= INVASION 


Saw some Albino cows as well! I don't think that they
show in this picture I was driving by to fast!
I headed out on Thursday afternoon to meet up with my life group ladies!  I only told Mardee I was coming home and she helped me surprise those beautiful, lovely ladies!  We volunteered at the YWCA for a serve project.  It was wonderful!  We had a lot of team work going on and these ladies know how to organize!  Made me miss them lots!! <3

Late Thursday night my mom and Atati showed up.  They spent the night and we proceeded to POP some tags on Friday!  Super fun adventure.  Mardee had to work so we took some pictures and sent them to her so she could be part of it.  Atati found this cute Cheetah purse for Mardee for her Cheetah girls reunion....Girl will look FAB!
There is a Ninja in the ARC....

My AWESOME pool hat that I found!
Summer cannot come fast enough!!

POSER


Atati  wouldn't get off the phone or his computer! I mean we get to see each other like once maybe every month and he is to busy "talking" and playing on his labtop!   Look at this guy....

This is from a different trip with Chelsea, I found my dress for Kara's wedding! I mean how could you pass this up! Side-note: that's my plus one in the background, with the red tie! LUCKY


Friday night we went to see the Captain in Aber.  He is good for anyone who is wondering! Same old Fred as he always has been! Miss that guy!  The dogs got to see their Auntie! They missed me so much that Jinx tinkled on me....Me=not impressed!

Saturday morning started out right and healthy!  I went and did a 5k with these 3 awesome people! This run benefited the Arc.  Amber and I did this run last year and enjoyed it so we signed up and these two crazy cats joined us....and beat us!  See the thing about this 5k was that Amber and I didn't exactly train for this, unless mentally counts.  So, Amber and I approached the start line with no headphones or music and decided to just enjoy the 5k.  We talked and ran some, walked (most), along the way we stopped to support Aaron and Travis on the 1 mile marker and cheer for them.  We house shopped, we grabbed flyers in the yards of houses as we walked by, to check them out.  Met some new "friends" along the way and joked about making short cuts in the race.  All in all it was one of the funnest 5k's I have ever done and I was glad to do it with my beautiful friend Amber!  Great times!!
Group pic!
Due to having such a great time, we as friends decided that we should all meet up later and continue on.  Amber told us to come play B-I-N-G-O at the VFW in West Fargo.  So we did!  Lots of laughs and good times! Trevor and Benny joined for a while as well.  Then to our surprise we got to listen to a band play and people dancing.  I didn't expect people to dance so much, but these people know how to dance and enjoy it!  They are so serious, that we even saw this guy bring his own fan to plug in so he could cool down in between !  After a while we ventured further into West Fargo and did our own "pub crawl" LOL it consisted of Divas, Bar 9, and Oleary's.  We are so adventurous...WE KNOW!


Sunday was Easter!! I got to go to PHCC that morning! I just love that church and cannot get enough of it!! After some quality family time, lots of laughs, and a nap at my Grandma and Grandpa's we headed out to Aber where my dad made us supper.  We hung out and Lucas came to visit.  We were all snap chatting each other and I happened to get this picture of Mardee haha.  Atati kicked her right as I was taking the picture and this song by Shakira is a joke between all of us! Perfect fit if I do say so myself!


Please don't kill me for putting this up but it's my favorite!
Monday was a ball of crazy! You know how you plan on how your day is going to go and you start the day right and everything slowly falls apart?! Yup my Monday in a nutshell!  But before it all went any further and the day got later I just decided to head out early.  I got on the road and headed back west.  I can tell you that Fargo/Aber was so different.  There is no way to describe what I mean by it, other than it was like I had never lived there and I was just visiting friends that live there. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing but I left Fargo with my head held high and continue to concentrate on the NOW and I'm not looking back!


My cool mug from Samantha!  It changes color when the mug gets warm and has an awesome quote from the famous Abraham Lincoln- "It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years" Cheers to making this quote come to life! 
Prayers and thoughts are much appreciated and needed! Thank you all for the love and support!

So Much Love,
Nicky


The song of the night on Saturday night!  This will be my man!! "You will find him next to me"



No comments:

Post a Comment