Monday, April 22, 2013

Me so Sorry!

First I want to apologize for not posting earlier!  It has been such a busy few weeks and I have not had time to sit down and put attention towards this.  So what have I been up too? you ask. WELL.....
I got some more congratulatory flowers from my 2/3rd's....aka the Marshalls!! LOVE THEM!! This was such a great surprise!  I just loved the thoughtfulness behind them!  <3
Barb so nicely delivered them to me!  

I got to visit my friends Jessica and Russell!  I haven't seen them in a long time! It was great to catch up with them and their little ones.  Jess and I went out for a bit and it ended up being an elementary school reunion for me! All my friends that used to come over and slumber and watch "The people under the stairs!"  So random but good to see everyone.  Jess and I stayed up till 4am talking....just like old times!  You realize how much you miss that when you have lots of responsibilities   Speaking of responsibilities guess who got woke up by thee cutest little 3 year old who wanted to go "shopping" at the "store" for dresses! This girl!  And yes, I embraced the situation but we played chutes and ladders instead of shopped.....O the memories...and yes I let her win! I am just so nice!

Exhausted Me and the Ever-so-energetic 3 year old!

Look at this cutie!! He loved me!
So after a lovely evening and morning with my Nelson friends, I ventured over to Litchville (the wrong way but I did make it!) to the Fick Family household!  It was Abbey's 21st birthday! WOO HOO!!  We went out for supper at the Angry Beaver and then bar hopped around Oakes, ND.  It was a good time!  Met lots of new friends and two South African men who were here to farm.  It was such a blast and I cannot wait to hang out with the Fick's again!  Good people I tell you!
After a few hours of sleep I got up bright and early to head back west only to be stopped by the HUGE storm that came through.  I made it to Bismarck and that is where I had to stop.  My car was not working well and the roads were horrible!  I left around 7:30a and made it to Bismarck around 11am.  That is a long time in a car for a short distance!  Thankfully my Aunt Lisa and Uncle Dan took this straggler in!  They provide great food, a warm bed, and lots of good conversation and laughs.  After a great night of sleep we got up and started shoveling.  We shoveled for a long time but it was such a gorgeous day.  It's crazy to say that because it snowed 23.5 inches the day before and then it was in the 30's and sunny the next!  So if we had to shovel at least it was in nice weather!
 After shoveling we went and got stuff for lunch and for Red Velvet cupcakes.  Sarah and I made these and they were very good!!  Britta came home just in time to play a round of cards before I had to take off.  Sad to say goodbye because it was such a fun unexpected visit! <3 that family!!

I returned home Tuesday did some work and then Wednesday worked till noon to take off for Fargo for AASK 101.  What is AASK 101 you ask....haha get it!!?  I know my humor is sick but remember it is Monday and it has been a long one that is for sure! The AASK 101 was basically a step by step of how to do my job!  I advocated for myself to go because I really needed a walk through for my position and this was providing it. I can now tell you that I am overwhelmed with work that needs to be done but at least I know, kind of, what I am doing and what is expected.  I also got to meet the child that was chosen for one of my families   I cannot express how perfectly they were matched.  They have not met yet but I cannot wait for that day!! It will be worth every minute I will spend traveling, writing, and rewriting all of their stuff! EEKS!!! <3


On Wednesday when I got to Fargo I got to meet up with my clients at Space Aliens! Miss them so much! I also got to see some staff and a guardian!  I took Jake to play some games at his request.  We played this one where there was like 80 or so light up buttons you push.  We wanted to see how many tickets we could get so Mardee, Jake, and I stood on the machine and played as a one player.  We worked our tails off for a whopping 10 tickets :(  We were so depressed!  But laughed a lot about Mardee's comment "I just burned 300 calories for 10 tickets??!"  It's the small things!  Next, Jake, Marie, Mardee, Desi, and I went over to Diva's and Rockstars for an Odouls.  Trevor showed up and sang a few songs and visited!  Here is Marie being the great staff she is pouring Jake's beer for him!


Singing "Bad Romance" 
I got to catch up with a couple of the life group gals!  It was nice to see them and chit chat in a more relaxed setting!  They are just wonderful people and I am glad that I have them in my life that is for sure!
Friday I went to supper with Jess, Todd, Connor (Jess and Todd's baby), Jeana, John, Peter, Travis, and Liz.  Wonderful time!! Loved the conversations and laughs!  Miss all of them so much!  Can't wait for the DDA's!! ;)
Connor's little toy!  So cute!
The weekend I spent at my dad's, except for Saturday.  Mardee, our wonderful friend Lucas, and I moved my stuff from my apartment to a storage unit.  I had to be out of the apartment by the 1st and I don't have permanent housing so this was my solution.  It works and I have gotten rid of a lot of things from before so it worked perfectly.  We moved a lot of mountains with some team work!  Then Travis vacuumed for me and Desi helped me clean the bathroom!  Such wonderful people I tell you!! Thanks to all 4 of you who helped! I am forever grateful and you will never understand how much it means! Love you!
Back at Captain Fred's (aka my pops house) we just relaxed had some visitors and went to bed early.  Nothing to special but it was nice not to do anything and relax for once.  I left way later than what I wanted to on Sunday, reason being I was to lazy to get up and drive and the other reason.....it's so hard to say goodbye!  Spending all that time with Mardee sometimes ends up making it harder to part!  Our relationship just grows stronger and stronger each day and I just love her so much!  She is one of the best things God gave me!!!  I could not ask for a better BEST friend!!!

This is a subway drive thru I came across while working one day! Touch screen ordering Kinda different! It got my order wrong and then the staff blamed it on me....it was not my fault for the record!

Super nice note from my boss! She did that and changed the water in my flowers for me!  She is such a nice lady !

Another drive into the Sunset!  What a beautiful drive home~!
 Stay posted for adventures with Barb! I didn't have time to update another post tonight but I will try and do one in a few days!

This song is dedicated to my side-kick Mardee.....You know why!



1 comment:

  1. You were in town and didn't invite me?!?!? I'm semi sad... hahaha miss you!

    ReplyDelete